CEO - Deloitte, Greece
CEO of Deloitte, Greece focusing particularly on the Financial Advisory Services division of the firm. He is an economist with a B.Sc. degree from the London School of Economics (University of London) and with 30 years of professional experience with Deloitte (previously Deloitte & Touche) in the UK and Greece in corporate finance, auditing and management consulting.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW).
- Member of the Association of Statutory Auditors of Greece (SOEL).
- Corporate Finance Qualification (ICAEW) (Securities & Investment Institute).
- Member of the European Management Board of Deloitte for 5 years (1995-2000).
- Chairman of the International Committee of “Parents & Friends of the LSE” (2002-2004).
As an auditor he has served (or still currently serves) clients such as Bank of Attica, Postbank, FIAT Hellas, Club Hotel Loutraki, Athens Water Co. (EYDAP), Ethniki Asfalistiki, A.B. Vasilopoulos (Delhaize), BNP Paribas (Athens), National Bank of Greece,Astir Hotels & others.
In advisory work he has been involved in:
- numerous merger & acquisition transactions, focusing particularly in the banking, insurance and food & beverage sectors
- more than 100 valuation engagements involving banks, insurance companies, telecoms, manufacturing, aviation, and service companies
- the certification of the share exchange ratio in more than 35 mergers in Greece (including 18 mergers by absorption between banks, or between banks and mutual funds, as well as 8 insurance mergers)
- in feasibility studies (amongst others 10 new banks, hotels, hospitals, etc.), restructuring situations, operational improvements, corporate governance and reorganization studies
Indicative Clients Served
A.B. Vasilopoulos; Alpha Media (RTL); American Express Bank; Athens International Airport (AIA); Athens Water Co. (EYDAP); ATE (Agricultural) Bank; Athens Stock Exchange; Boutaris Holding (Mythos Breweries); British Telecom; Deutsche Bank; Emporiki Bank; Eurobank; European Union; FIAT Hellas; France Telecom; Friesland; Greek Telecom (OTE); Hellenic Aerospace Industry (EAB); Hellenic Sugar Company; Heracles Cement; Hyatt Regency Hotels; Interamerican (Eureko); ITT Sheraton; Mevgal; National Bank of Greece; Nireus Fisheries; Olympic Airways; OPAP; Piraeus Bank; Postbank, Sistema Group; Toyota Motor Corporation